Telex Communications, the innovative leader in commercial aviation headsets, brings you the Telex Airman 850 ANR. Telex expanded on the design of the world's most popular lightweight aviation headset-the Telex Airman 750-to take comfort, clarity and convenience to the next level. By drastically reducing wind noise in jet cockpits, the Telex Airman 850 ANR helps to reduce fatigue and protect hearing with a comfortable, battery-free, lightweight headset. The Telex Airman 850 ANR headset is FAA / TSO approved.
- Sound Quality
- At just 4 oz., the Telex Airman 850 is the lightest ANR product in the marketplace. Wind noise and ambient noise is reduced by up to 12 decibels (dB) of. The headset also features a noise-cancelling electret microphone.
- Comfort and Fit
- An adjustable headband gives the wearer two inches of up and down earphone adjustment per side, while gimbal mounting improves the headset's side-to-side comfort. The ear cups and cushions have been enlarged from previous models to enhance pilot comfort.
- The Telex Airman 850 features a miniature, amplified, noise-cancelling electret microphone that provides superior 400Hz hum rejection. The flexible boom rotates 320° and can be worn on either side of the head. A replaceable windscreen is included to minimize popping, hissing, and breathing sounds when speaking.
- The Telex Airman 850 contains an On/Off switch to control ANR power and a Hi/Low switch for controlling receiver volume.
- Cordage and Plugs
- The microphone cordage is protected inside the boom. A strain relief on the cord provides maximum durability. Shielded wire throughout the headset protects against RFI and EMI.
- Versions Available
- The Telex Airman 850 is available in single-sided and dual-sided configurations.
- FAA TSO Approval
- The Telex Airman 850 headset is approved for aircraft use under FAA TSO's C57a and C58a.
Other Airman 850 Models
Telex Airman 850 Accessories